Gift wrap is so expensive these days and sometimes you just want to do something beautiful and unique for the special people in your life. You need to paint your own gift wrap – nothing says you’re special to me more than hand painted gift wrap!
This is what you need:
- Gift box
- Wrapping paper in a solid colour
- Sticky tape
- Acrylic craft paint
- Foam brushes and/or paint brushes
- Glitter paint
And this is what you do:
- Wrap up your present using the solid colour gift wrap – if you can’t find white paper then just turn your paper inside out so the white inside is on the outside
- Trace out the design you want to paint onto the paper with a pencil
- Get painting! Remember it doesn’t need to be perfect, it needs to look hand painted, otherwise you may as well go buy some expensive patterned paper
- Wait for it to dry fully then add any other decorations you want to, like ribbon.
Our suggestions for pretty Christmassy patterns to paint are:
- Snowflakes in various shades of white, silver and blue
- Diagonal glitter lines – just paint the lines on and then throw some glitter over for added sparkle and fun
- Polka dots in different colours and with different glitters – shake it up and make it pop!
- Thumb print Christmas lights! Use your thumb print, or have your kids do their thumb prints, as the bulbs on the lights. Granny and Grandpa will love it more than the gift itself!
Christmas is such a special time of love, laughter and family time! At King Painters we wish you and your family the very best Christmas full of all the things that matter and that make the holidays wonderful!
Remember we’re here for all your professional painting needs – get in touch to chat about what we can offer.