We’ve all been there as parents during the school holidays, racking our brains for something to keep the kids entertained, especially when the weather is inclement, and we don’t want to increase screen time.
So what can we do?
Although our game is residential and commercial painting, we have a few fun tricks up our painting overalls that will help you to keep the kids smiling! Kids love to paint and get their hands dirty, and that’s where our puffy paint recipe comes in handy!
Follow our instructions and then get painting, laughing and having fun!
- 3/4 cup thick shaving cream
- 1/4 cup white glue
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Food colouring in a variety of colours
- Cake decorating squeeze bottle or Ziploc bag
What to do:
- Mix the shaving cream and glue together. Add the flour one tablespoon at a time until the paint reaches the consistency you want.
- Quickly transfer the paint to a container to prevent it from drying out. If you use a Ziploc bag, cut a tiny hole in the corner and squeeze the paint out from there.
The more colours you make, the more fun you can have!
NOTE: If the paint starts to thicken in the container after a while, add a tablespoon of water and stir. Just be aware that this watered-down version of puffy paint doesn’t dry as firmly as the original paint.
This puffy paint recipe will last about 2-4 weeks. To keep it fresh seal the container between uses.
Now it’s time to get creative! Paint on paper, the wall (and wash off), the driveway, anywhere you don’t mind getting dirty and that’s easy to clean. Leave your kids to explore and create their own masterpieces and then enjoy half an hour of peace with a nice cup of coffee and a rusk!